We screen our system constantly and keep an eye open for any unusual activity. By screening we mean:
- Monitoring excessive usage.
- Observing email campaign information (email address used, number of messages being sent, specific words used in the subject or content).
- Checking the IP address of the account holder.
In any instance where it appears there may be illegitimate activity, the account involved will be investigated.
Recipients of a Woocom Campaigner email will only be able to see their own email address. No other information on any other recipient is available regardless of the number of messages sent. We take your privacy very seriously.
Woocom and its partners provide educational seminars, email tutorials and online archives that include best practice for email marketing. To register your interest in any of these programs, please complete the Enquiries form.
How we handle complaints
Woocom has been recognised for its outstanding customer service including being direct about how we interact with you and the community. As part of this service we provide you with a means to report spam complaints for further investigation.
This is our procedure following receipt of a complaint:
- The complaint is investigated to validate its origin, content and scope.
- We will preserve the content of any complaint you send us if we believe we have the legal requirement to do so.
- Where a complaint can be validated we will:
- Flag the account as having a complaint against it and the details of that complaint recorded where we believe we have the legal requirement to do so; and or
- Unsubscribe the complainant from the account where we believe we have the legal right to do so.
- Legal action may also be initiated in accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Use.
- If false complaints are made we reserve the right to commence legal action to recover any damages caused from such complaints.
- Where the complaint has uncovered a breakdown in policy, procedure or expectations by you, we will audit and, where necessary, amend any policy, procedure or customer interaction.
- You may receive a follow-up email to inform you of any action that may have been taken.
Woocom acts in accordance with the National Privacy Principles and encourages all customers to understand their local legislation and that of where their subscribers are located. Woocom encourages persons who believe they have been sent spam, by an account holder using Woocom Campaigner, to contact the sender, where known, and / or report your complaint directly to us.