Some key questions that it is important to understand about your email marketing include:
- How many people are opening your emails? And of those who open your emails, how many go on to engage with it by clicking on links for example?
- What is the quality of your email list? If you get a significant number of bounce backs for each campaign then it would be worthwhile running through your database to remove email addresses that no longer work or are no longer active. Otherwise your delivery rate percentages will be skewed.
- How frequently are you sending out emails to your audience and what types of communication do you send? If you are sending out a mixture of email newsletters as well as the odd email update here and there it is worth tracking results to see which emails generate the greatest level of engagement and open rates.
- How many people remain as active subsrcibers? When you send out emails do you find that you get lots of unsubscribe requests? In which case consider why. It could be the type of content that you feature in your email campaigns or the fact that it is too sales focused that prompts people to unsubscribe so be mindful of the value you are providing to your audience in your messaging.
- Have you tested out different send times? More and more people are reading their emails on mobile devices - particularly on their way to work - so why don't you schedule an email to go out first thing in the morning and in doing so, increase the chance of your email being seen and read
Simply by answering the questions above and tracking what happens each time you send out an email campaign will put you in a much better position when it comes to understanding how effective your emails are and how well they are being received by the intended audience. You can use ongoing measurement and tracking to make improvements as and where needed and create emails that add value and really communicate with your customers.
If you have any questions about Email Marketing or would like to sign up for the Woocom Email Marketing service call us on 1300 966 266.